Thursday, August 5, 2010

Oppression

I have always had a strong sense of fairness and justice.
I hate oppression. I detest it. I hate the silence by the 'good people' over oppression.
I have got myself in trouble many times for 'speaking up'.
People don't want to know, they don't care, they turn a blind.
Well I can't remain silent, I need to speak up and always will inshallah.

Here are some hadiths about oppression to ponder over. Our beloved prophet hated oppression. Islam is so just if only people were.

Narrated Abu Ma'bad, that the Prophet said, "... and be afraid of the curse of an oppressed person because there is no screen between his invocation and Allah." Sahih Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 24, Number 573.

 Narrated Anas: Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 43, Number 624.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection . " Sahih Bukahri: Volume 3, Book 43, Number 622.

Narrated Abu Dharr: Allah's Apostle (peace_be_upon_him) stated that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another. My servants, all of you are liable to err except one whom I guide on the right path, so seek right guidance from Me so that I may direct you to the right path. O My servants, all of you are hungry (need) except the one whom I feed, so beg food from Me, so that I may give it to you. O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except the one whom I provide with garments, so beg clothes from Me, so that I may clothe you. O My servants, you commit error night and day and I am there to pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I may grant you pardon.

And finally this quote by Martin Luther King 
~ The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment